Energy Efficient Cedar Roofs
Is cedar energy efficient: As the highest point on your house, your roof plays a huge role in the overall energy efficiency of your home. Heat naturally rises, so any leaks or inefficiencies in your roof can quickly cause your heating and air conditioning bills to increase and in some cases skyrocket! Wood is a natural insulator, helping to maintain temperatures inside, which makes cedar shingle roofs an energy-efficient roofing solution.
Cedar’s Energy Efficient Properties
If you’ve been wondering about ways to save money on energy costs for your home, consider installing a cedar roof. You get many great advantages, including:
– Excellent thermal insulation properties: This keeps the heat in during the winter and the cold out during the summer. Wood is very efficient at maintaining internal temperatures. Natural cedar shingles also function as a barrier against the sun, keeping your house from getting too hot in the summer months by reflecting the light and heat away. This lowers your energy bills significantly as compared to a less energy efficient roof that leaks heat or cold.
– Improved humidity and moisture control: Cedar shingles not only insulate against heat loss, but they also naturally control moisture and humidity levels. High humidity levels, especially in winter, can make you feel colder and force you to turn your heat up, which in turn costs you more money in bills. In the summer humidity can make your home feel stuffy and unbearably hot which then raises your air conditioning bills. A cedar roof helps keep your home feeling dry and comfortable year round, moreso than other common roofing materials.
As an energy-efficient roofing material, cedar shingles are gaining popularity in the housing market. They also look great, giving your house a custom look that sets it besides other houses in your neighborhood. Combine the natural style and energy-efficiency of a cedar roof for your home and talk to A.B. Edward Enterprises, Inc. about our cedar roofing services today.
Picked just for you >> Fast Facts You Should Know About Cedar Roofing
Finding Other Energy Savings
Naturally, there are many other ways to ensure your home more energy efficient other than cedar roofs. Luckily, A.B. Edward Enterprises, Inc. has a team of experts that have the knowledge and experience to install a high-quality cedar roof on your home and then help you make the best energy efficient choices for the rest of your house. Once your roof is in place, we can also give you tips on other great ways to make your home more energy efficient, including:
– Replacing your windows and doors: After your roofing, your doors and windows are the greatest sources of temperature loss on your property. Choose windows that give you increased energy performance in addition to sound protection against the elements
– Having your heating and cooling system inspected and maintained: No matter how you heat your home (gas, electric, wood, etc.). Keeping your heating system clean and properly maintained can go a long way toward saving you money on your heating and air conditioning bills. The easiest way to do this is to make sure your furnace filters are changed and your system is inspected regularly.
– Insulating your attic and basement: The style and kind of home you have might be causing you to be losing heat into your unused attic or basement space. Check out all possible sources of heat loss, including crawl spaces, garage doors and mudrooms to make sure your heating and cooling isn’t just seeping outside your home!
– Considering energy efficient appliances and light bulbs: Major insulation modifications to your home can cost a great deal of money and take a bunch of time, so consider other, easier ways to lower your energy bills, including replacing old, inefficient appliances and bulbs around your home. Appliance use can slowly add up financially if your appliances aren’t energy efficient – so be sure you double check this one!
Your Partner for Energy-Efficient Cedar Roofing
When it’s time to replace your roof or do a roof installation on your new home, contemplate upgrading to an energy efficient cedar roof. You will see savings on your yearly energy bills and gain from a long-lasting and stylish cedar roof that resembles nothing else on your street. It can also be the occasion to look closely at your current energy bills and find creative ways to save money on your heating, cooling and other energy consumption.
A.B. Edward Enterprises, Inc. has been serving the Chicagoland area for over 15 years with its cedar roofing services. We have served over 5500+ happy customers and have earned awards in excellence as well as an A+ rating from the BBB. We are proud of our work and treat our customers like family! If you have been considering a cedar roof installation or need any other kind of cedar roof repair contact us today for a quote!